Undetermined future. Coding entire server from scratch in my spare time. Which I don't have unlimited amounts. This obviously takes time but a decent progress has been made so far.
I have basics so far, you can track overall progress on the website.
Also meaning that it will need lot's of in-game testing to be done.
Between 8.0 - 8.3.
Leaning towards the higher one ( 8.3 ) from various reasons:
- Balance ( vocations are more even and grinding is more pleasant )
- NPC Channels + NPC Shops are nice systems, and even tho Tibia was meant to be a MUD game - those systems are just quality of life changes.
- New potions introducted with later versions are strong, some people say unbalanced or destroying the game. Which might come into a bit of custom tweaks on those. This needs community feedback and is debatable.
- Most if not all quests, dialogs, world interactions.
- Tile refresh system. Like orginal tibia, server will perform a floor reset on certain zones.
- Relative low XP, most likely flat xp rather than staged.
- Custom client with a likely custom network protocol to ensure botless environment. Additional server bot-detection features are to be expected.
- Debating about Twist of Fate blessing. While hardcores gonna cry, people playing in their spare time just enjoying the game are less to be punished with random pk-ing. On other side, no one wants to play empty server, we all know what happens afterwards. Goal is to make both PvP and PvE fun & enjoyable for everyone. That being said - no final decision until we're closer to actual release.
- All features up to selected version are obvious.
- Might or not might custom area content. Probably not on first release.
- No character selling. It's wrong idea of selling someone else time.
- Premium account will consist of minor not game-changing features.